WHEREAS, pursuant to Article V of Civil Administration Proclamation No. 26, Compensation for Use of Real Estate Within Military Areas, the Civil Administrator shall promulgate such administrative rules and regulations for the purposes therein contained, and
WHEREAS, it is desirable and expedient for the Government of the Ryukyu Islands to provide services towards the compensation of landowners and others arising out of use and possession of lands by the United States
NOW, THEREFORE, it is ordained as follows:
1. The Chief Executive of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands is hereby authorized, empowered and directed to exercise and perform the following functions and responsibilities
a. In the name of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands, enter into and execute a service contract with the United States of America, and perform all acts necessary thereunder to accomplish the purpose thereof, including, but not limited to, the following.
(1) To receive, hold and pay, as Trustee, to the persons entitled thereto, funds payable by the United States under Civil Administration Proclamation No. 26, as compensation for the use and possession of real estate and the purchase of improvements thereon.
(2) To determine and certify the legal owners of real estate and improvements thereon included in Certificates of Confirmation and Rental Deposit provided In Article III of said CA Proclamation No. 26.
(3) To register title to such land and improvements in the names of the owners thereof.
(4) To accept and forward appeals to the Deputy Governor of owners of land and improvements included in Certificates of Confirmation and Rental Deposit as provided in Article IV of said CA Proclamation No. 26.
(5) To account for all funds received held and paid under the said contract and to prepare, certify and render to the Government of the United States bills or statements as to amounts due for services rendered.
2. The Chief Executive may designate a competant official, or officials, who shall be responsible to, and have authority to act for, the Chief Executive of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands in all matters pertaining to the program and to devote his or their full time and attention towards its accomplishment.
3. Registration of real property required for use by the United States Forces will be accomplished without payment to any governmental agency of fees and taxes by the landowners or by the United States, but administrative expenses in connection with registration will be borne by the United States.
4. The effective date of this Ordinance is 9 December 1953