1. WHEREAS it has been agreed to pay certain rentals for lands occupied by the United States America in the Ryukyu Islands during the period 1 July 1950 to 27 April 1952 inclusive, from which lands the owners were removed at the request of agencies of the United States
2. WHEREAS expeditious action is required to accomplish the disbursement of funds provided for rental payments to said landowners for the period 1 July 1950 to 27 April 1952 inclusive, but is not practicable for the United States to deal directly and individually with the great number or landowners involved, and
3. WHEREAS the Office of the Chief Executive of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands is uniquely situated and qualified to accomplish the action required;
4. NOW, THEREFORE the Chief Executive of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands, or such person or persons as he may designate to act for him, is hereby authorized, empowered, and directed to perform the follow-ing functions and responsibilities:
a. Represent and act an agent for the individual owners of lands comprehended by this ordinance, and as agent for such owners and each of them, execute and deliver lease agreements binding between such owners and the United States of America, covering the aforesaid occupancy of said owners' lands and payment of rental therefor during the period of 1 July 1950 to 27 April 1952 inclusive, and as more particularly itemized and specified by lot or parcel and rental sum allotted therefor in property lists which will be prepared and delivered by the United States to said Chief Executive.
b. In said leases save the United States or America harmless from any claim or claims for rent with regard to the lands covered by such leases.
c. Receive in trust and account for any and all funds received from the United States of America for the payment of rent on the lands and for the period covered by this Ordinance, and disburse to the legal owner or owners of the lots or parcels of land specified in the aforementioned property lists, accordingly an each such owner is entitled, the rental sum allotted therefor in said property lists.
d. Return to the United States of America within a period of six months from date of receipt of aforesaid funds, all amounts received from the United States of America which apply to lot(s) or parcel(s) of land on which the Chief Executive has no authority to execute a lease, together with a statement and identification of the lot(s) or parcel(s) so affected.
e. Accomplish such necessary amendments or supplements to leases acquired hereunder as may be required to perfect such leases or otherwise accomplish the purposes thereof.
5. Any owner of land subject to the operation or coverage of this Ordinance may reject and nullify the authority of the Chief Executive to represent or bind him, as provided for in Paragraph 4 hereof, by filing due notice thereof with the Chief Executive or the Land Section of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands within thirty (30) days after the date of first publication of this Ordinance by the Chief Executive of the Government of the Ryukyu Islands.
6. The property lists referred to in Paragraph 4.a. above will be captioned Private Property Rented 1 July 1950 - 27 April 1952 Inclusive, per CA Ordinance No. 105.
7. The effective date or this Ordinance is 23 day of March 1953.